The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at the University of Northern Iowa offers the following degree programs: • Communication Disorders, B.A. • Speech-Language Pathology, M.A.

The Master of Arts (M.A.) education program in speech-language pathology at the University of Northern Iowa is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association,  2200 Research Boulevard, #310, Rockville, MD 20850, 800-498-2071 or 301-296-5700.


The department is housed in the Communication Arts Center building and is part of the College of Humanities, Arts, and Sciences (CHAS) at the University of Northern Iowa.


The University of Northern Iowa’s Department of Communication Sciences & Disorders seeks applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Speech-Language Pathology, starting August 2021. Primary teaching and clinical responsibilities will be in the area of speech-language pathology, with preference given to voice disorders, neuroscience and neurogenic disorders,...
Click here for Tips for Returning to Work After a Period of Vocal Rest created by MA students McKenna Schares & Sabrina Tiangco.  
The Sertoma Research Lab at the University of Northern Iowa has been providing a space for student learning and faculty research for over 25 years. The lab has been and continues to be a source for academic growth, giving graduate and undergraduate students opportunities for hands-on learning. Through faculty efforts, the lab has produced research that has helped shape the...